Foods Alive’s artisan cold-pressed oils are crafted in small batches at a very low temperature on our own equipment. Why do we have the best-tasting oils? Simple, we receive samples of certified organic seed from several farmers press each sample into oil. Then we taste each sample to find the freshest and best-tasting one. This extra attention to detail allows us to maintain the superior quality you have come to expect from Foods Alive.
BE CREATIVE AND ENJOY!
Black Sesame Oil has a rich & creamy flavor that is perfect for soups, salads, rice dishes, or pasta salads! Did we mention that it’s an easy way to add omegas to your diet?!
- Shelf Life is 14 Months (refrigerated)
- Store in refrigerator upon receipt
- Shake well before using as natural settling may occur
- For clearer oil, do not shake
- Freezing extends shelf life
- Not for use as a cooking oil
- Does Black Sesame Oil need to be shipped refrigerated? Does the shipping time affect the oils? Very high heat (over 300 degrees) or prolonged heat over a very long time can degrade the Omega-3 oils. However, the relatively short shipment times and variable seasonal temperatures encountered during shipment have been found to be irrelevant when tested. Even shipments arriving during the summer heat waves can be guaranteed as being potent and unharmed.
- Why is the Black Sesame Oil clear when pouring from the bottle? We have it stated on the bottle to “shake well before using as natural settling may occur.” If the black sesame oil is not shaken before pouring, it will indeed be clear due to the black particulate separating and sinking to the bottom of the bottle. However, if shaken for 10 – 20 seconds, the oil will then become black in color again.
INGREDIENTS: 100% Unrefined, raw black sesame seed oil*.