Organic Black Beans 16 oz
High in antioxidants such as anthocyanin, black beans are a fantastic staple in international cuisine. The dark skin yields a cream-colored flesh and a sweet flavor.
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested
Shelf Life in Days: 365
Case Size: 6
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested:
Verified Gluten Free means that the product has been tested to ensure that gluten levels are below 20 parts per million (ppm), the FDA-established level for food carrying the gluten-free label. Our test results average < 5 ppm for gluten.
Verified Purity Tested means that each lot of every incoming ingredient has been tested for the presence of microbiological pathogens including Salmonella, Listeria, E. coli O157:H7 and Staphylococcus aureus.
To see Certificates of Analysis (COAs) showing test results for recent lots of product, visit: http://edisongrain.com/product/organic-black-beans/
Stuff to know:
- Fiber rich
- Good source of iron, thiamin (vitamin B1), magnesium, and manganese
Directions for use:
- Pre-soaking black beans for four hours or overnight will significantly reduce cooking time. Cover with 2 inches of water and allow for the beans to expand in the bowl. Prevent fermentation in hot weather by putting the beans in the refrigerator while they soak.
- After soaking, place beans in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- For each cup of soaked beans add 3 cups of water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame to medium low for 10 minutes, skim off and discard any foam.
- Cover and lower heat and simmer on low for approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Hold off adding seasoning to beans until tender. Adding at the beginning will hinder the beans from cooking properly.
Country of origin:
We source our organic products from various locations depending on harvest schedules, weather and availability. This means the country of origin will be lot specific.
You can determine where in the world your product originates by referring to the 2 letter ISO country code appearing on the COA. For instance: Canada = CA, Mexico = MX, China = CN, and of course, US = United States of America.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.