Organic Moong Dal 16 oz
Moong Dal aka “Mung Dal”:
Edison Grainery Organic Moong Dal is made of split mung beans with the outer (green) hull stripped away, leaving the yellow centers. Moong dal cooks relatively quickly and has a mild, sweet flavor.
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested:
Verified Gluten Free means that the product has been tested to ensure that gluten levels are below 20 parts per million (ppm), the FDA-established level for food carrying the gluten-free label. Our test results average < 5 ppm for gluten.
Verified Purity Tested means that each lot of every incoming ingredient has been tested for the presence of microbiological pathogens including Salmonella, Listeria, E. coli O157:H7 and Staphylococcus aureus.
To see Certificates of Analysis (COAs) showing test results for recent lots of product, visit: http://edisongrain.com/product/organic-moong-dal/
Stuff to know:
- Packed with complex carbohydrates
- High in dietary fiber and gentle on the digestive system
- A great source of protein
Directions for use:
- Place in colander and rinse under cold water.
- Soak for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place large saucepan over medium high heat, and add moong dal, 1 Tbsp. canola oil, and 1/2 tsp. turmeric.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add 3 cups warm water, 1 bay leaf and 1 tsp. salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, skim any froth from surface and discard.
- Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer for approx. 20 minutes or until tender.
Country of origin:
We source our organic products from various locations depending on harvest schedules, weather and availability. This means the country of origin will be lot specific.
You can determine where in the world your product originates by referring to the 2 letter ISO country code appearing on the COA. For instance: Canada = CA, Mexico = MX, China = CN, and of course, US = United States of America.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.