Organic Red Split Lentils 16 oz
Red Split Lentils:
Red split lentils have their outer skin removed, so they cook faster than whole lentils. In fact, they are the quickest cooking lentil out there. Because they soften so nicely, they are great for soups and stews.
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested
Shelf Life in Days: 365
Case Size: 6
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested:
Verified Gluten Free means that the product has been tested to ensure that gluten levels are below 20 parts per million (ppm), the FDA-established level for food carrying the gluten-free label. Our test results average < 5 ppm for gluten.
Verified Purity Tested means that each lot of every incoming ingredient has been tested for the presence of microbiological pathogens including Salmonella, Listeria, E. coli O157:H7 and Staphylococcus aureus.
To see Certificates of Analysis (COAs) showing test results for recent lots of product, visit: http://edisongrain.com/product/organic-red-lentils/
Stuff to know:
- Packed with protein – one of the higest levels of protein in any legume or nut
- Includes lysine, an essential amino acid
- High in fiber, folate, and vitamin B1
Directions for use:
- Place lentils in a mesh strainer and rinse.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup of lentils, return to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Check lentils after first 10 minutes and periodically thereafter. If you are using the lentils in a salad, stop cooking when they are still slightly firm.
Country of origin:
We source our organic products from various locations depending on harvest schedules, weather and availability. This means the country of origin will be lot specific.
You can determine where in the world your product originates by referring to the 2 letter ISO country code appearing on the COA. For instance: Canada = CA, Mexico = MX, China = CN, and of course, US = United States of America.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.