Organic Regular Rolled Oats 16 oz
Regular Oats aka “Old Fashioned Oats” & “Rolled Oats”:
Edison Grainery’s Organic Regular Oats are dehulled whole grain oats that have been heat treated and rolled so they look like flat flakes. Regular oats cook up with a soft and creamy texture, so they’re as great for your baking needs as they are for your morning bowl.
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested:
Verified Gluten Free means that the product has been tested to ensure that gluten levels are below 20 parts per million (ppm), the FDA-established level for food carrying the gluten-free label. Our test results average < 5 ppm for gluten.
Verified Purity Tested means that each lot of every incoming ingredient has been tested for the presence of microbiological pathogens including Salmonella, Listeria, E. coli O157:H7 and Staphylococcus aureus.
Our oats are glyphosate and pestide free!
To see Edison Grain Certificates of Analysis (COAs) showing test results for recent lots of product, visit: http://edisongrain.com/product/organic-regular-rolled-oats/
Stuff to know:
- Regular oats absorb more liquid and cook faster than steel-cut oats.
- Oats are lower in carbohydrates but higher in protein than most other whole grains.
- Oats boast beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that has been shown to lower cholesterol.
- Oats are the only source of avenanthramides, an antioxidant that may have heart-healthy effects.
- Also high in iron, vitamins and minerals.
Directions for use:
- Bring 2 cups water and ¼ tsp. salt to boil.
- Add 1 cup oats. Cover and simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until desired texture is achieved.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand before serving.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.