Organic Steel Cut Oats 16 oz
Steel Cut Oats aka “Scottish Oats”:
Organic Steel Cut Oats may take longer to cook but they’re worth the wait. Their chewy texture is achieved by cutting the groat into 2 to 3 pieces and not rolling it.
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested
Shelf Life in Days: 365
Case Size: 6
*Verified Gluten Free & Verified Purity Tested:
Verified Gluten Free means that the product has been tested to ensure that gluten levels are below 20 parts per million (ppm), the FDA-established level for food carrying the gluten-free label. Our test results average < 5 ppm for gluten.
Verified Purity Tested means that each lot of every incoming ingredient has been tested for the presence of microbiological pathogens including Salmonella, Listeria, E. coli O157:H7 and Staphylococcus aureus.
Our oats are glyphosate and pestide free!
Stuff to know:
- Oats are lower in carbohydrates but higher in protein than most other whole grains.
- Oats boast beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that has been shown to lower cholesterol.
- Oats are the only source of avenanthramides, an antioxidant that may have heart-healthy effects.
- Also high in iron, vitamins and minerals.
Directions for use:
- Bring 3 cups water and ¼ tsp. salt to boil.
- Add 1 cup oats, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until desired texture is achieved.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.